Provided by Prince William County
Prince William County has received the prestigious 25th Annual Achievement of Excellence in Procurement® Award (AEP) for 2020 from the National Procurement Institute, Inc. (NPI). The AEP award is earned by public and non-profit agencies that demonstrate a commitment to procurement excellence.
This annual program recognizes procurement organizations that embrace innovation, professionalism, productivity, leadership and e-procurement. The AEP program encourages the development of excellence, as well as continued organizational improvement, to earn the award annually.
According to Prince William County Chief Financial Officer Michelle Attreed, “Prince William County is delighted to receive this national recognition. Our finance team works hard to ensure we follow best practices related to the procurement process. It is always fulfilling when your efforts are recognized by fellow professionals in your field.”
For 2020, there were 188 successful applicants, including 40 counties, 69 cities, 15 higher education agencies, 22 school districts, 34 special districts, five state agencies and others.
In addition to the NPI, the AEP is sponsored by the:
- California Association of Public Procurement Officials (CAPPO),
- Canadian Public Procurement Council / Conseil canadien des marchés publics (CPPC),
- Florida Association of Public Procurement Officials (FAPPO),
- National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP), National Association of State Procurement Officials (NASPO),
- NIGP: The Institute for Public Procurement and Texas Public Purchasing Association (TxPPA).
The AEP is supported by the Airport Purchasing Group (APG), OMINA Partners, Sustainable Purchasing Leadership Council (SPLC) and the Universal Public Procurement Certification Council (UPPCC).