Location: Maidstone HQ/WFH
As the Head of International Supply Chain, you will be responsible for overseeing the sourcing strategy and the day to day running of our logistics teams at HQ.
This shall include the definition of the optimum sourcing and stock strategy according to sales trends, and the optimisation of the entire logistic flows between countries considering custom and freight constraints. Additionally, this role with being expected to support the logistics department at a technical level as well as being involved in other key company projects.
The supply chain is a core function within this, contributing to the strategic purchasing of products that will bring the Watchfinder strategy to life and drive growth across the business.
Day to Day …
- Defining in conjunction with Purchasing functions the Sourcing Strategy for Watchfinder. Taking us from a push to a pull strategy
- Identify and execute the balance between customer requirements, inventory optimisation, Logistic efficiencies, including capacity planning, and execution
- Proactively striving for process improvements across the entire supply chain, automating and refining processes where appropriate
- Build and develop the supply chain planning function at Watchfinder
- Working with Retail, Finance and Operations teams towards defining supply chain and operating models for our business.
- Respect the regulations associated with the Supply Chain activities (customs duty, excise, VAT etc)
- Development, monitoring and revision of sourcing and stock objectives
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to deliver business goals, ensuring the availability of stock.
- Analysing offer and demand and produce data to evaluate these and use the data to drive key commercial decisions.
- Management of the Stock Control & Dispatch teams at HQ
You are a highly experienced Supply Chain professional and an extremely ambitious individual. You provide leadership and act as a role model for your team and the wider business. You demonstrate self-assurance, pride, passion, and a commitment to the team and your function.
You are obsessive about communications and building relationships with internal customers and are visibly energetic and enthusiastic about business improvement opportunities. You are resilient under pressure and are relentless in the drive for continuous improvement always questioning and challenge the status quo.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Ability to lead teams and work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired
- Commitment to learning and expanding professional and technical knowledge
- Seasoned analytical and quantitative skills and ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to clearly communicate data insights to others
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary
- Ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape
The Recruitment Journey:
1st Stage – A chat with our friendly talent sourcing team
2nd stage – Hiring Manager interview + another team member
3rd Stage – Final stage interview with Management team.