TXF TV: Czarnikow’s CEO discusses the world’s first sustainable sugar supply chain partnership
Date: Wednesday 16th September 2020
Time: 14:00 UK
Register now: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/sustainable-supply
In August 2020 Czarnikow announced the signing of a groundbreaking sugar supply chain partnership. The first of its type, the partnership will cover the trade and shipment of 50,000 metric tonnes of sustainably sourced sugar, valued at almost US$ 16,000,000.
Join us this Wednesday as TXF sits down with Czarnikow CEO, Robin Cave, for an interview and live Q&A to discuss the drivers behind the partnership and how it could provide a template towards a more sustainable commodity industry.
- How they found the right partners and how they integrated sustainability into every part of the supply chain from sourcing, to transportation, to financing, to refining.
- How they’ve managed to achieve sustainability, transparency and traceability throughout the supply chain what measures they’ve put in place to police and prove this traceability.
- What financial incentive does the facility offer to stakeholders, are there any sustainability linked KPIs and if so, how are these audited?
- How have Czarnikow ensured the partnership is both sustainable and commercially viable and how it could it provide a template for similar deals going forward.
- The importance of sustainability and traceability to achieve food security during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Is this just the start for Czarnikow and do they have plans for similar partnerships going forward?