MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Weber County — A firefighter and civilian were hospitalized Tuesday after an RV fire spread to a warehouse.
Investigators believe the fire at 1527 S. 1100 West began because some blankets were pressed up against a propane heater inside the recreational vehicle, said Weber Fire District Deputy Chief Britt Clark.
The Weber Fire District — along with units from Ogden, Riverdale, Roy, South Ogden, Northview, South Weber and Plain City — responded to the blaze about 8:25 a.m.
An occupant of the RV was taken to the hospital with burn injuries to their legs, Clark said, but was in good condition by Tuesday afternoon. A firefighter was also hospitalized with a laceration to his arm and released later that day.
The fire initially began in the RV, which was between the warehouse and another building. The warehouse sustained “quite a bit of damage,” Clark said, while the building on the other side of the RV only sustained some heat damage to its exterior.
The RV was “completely destroyed,” Clark said. He estimated about $200,000 worth of damage.