MEDICAL SEMINAR: AdventHealth Dade City will host “Ask the Doctor: Foot Pain” from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Dec. 16 in Classrooms 107 and 108 at the hospital, 13100 Fort King Road, Dade City. This will be an informal question-and-answer session with Dr. Mazen Abboud, a podiatrist, who will help participants find relief and healing for foot pain. Blood pressure screenings will precede the program at 11:30 a.m., with the program starting at noon. For inquiries, contact Katie Ebner at (352) 521-1194 or [email protected]
GREEN INDUSTRY COURSE OFFERED: The Pasco County Cooperative Extension Service is offering Green Industry Best Management Practices training from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Dec. 17 at Land O’ Lakes Heritage Park community center, 5401 Land O’ Lakes Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost for training and lunch is $30 for Green Industry professionals and $20 for Pasco County Government and Pasco County School Board employees. All participants must have a photo ID and prepaid ticket for admission. There are no refunds. Call (352) 518-0156 or visit bit.ly/PascoExtension.
JINGLE MIXER: The Greater Pasco Chamber of Commerce will host a Jingle and Mingle Holiday Mixer from 5:30 to 8 p.m. Dec. 18 at SpringHill Suites, 16617 Crosspointe Run, Land O’ Lakes. The mixer will include heavy hors d’oeuvres, a cash bar and games. The event is free, but reservations are required by Dec. 16. RSVP to [email protected], (727) 842-7651 or (813) 909-2722.
RISK MANAGEMENT CLASS: Pasco Economic Development Council’s entrepreneur program, SMARTstart, will present “Risk Management for Entrepreneurs” from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Dec. 18 at the SMARTstart West Pasco Entrepreneur Center, 4532 U.S. 19, New Port Richey. Participants will learn about avoiding, reducing and insuring against threats to the potential success of the business. Presented by Leslie Saland of A.L. Saland Insurance. The program is free. RSVP online at smartstartpasco.com/events or call toll-free 1-888-606-2726.
TOY DONATION GETS FREE OIL CHANGE: Ice Cold Air Discount Auto Repair is giving away a free oil change, including tire rotation, to customers who bring in a new, unwrapped toy for the Marine Corps’ Toys for Tots program from now until Dec. 14. Donations may be brought into any of the franchise’s three Pasco locations: 11930 U.S. 19, Port Richey; 3508 U.S. 19, New Port Richey; and 6609 Gall Blvd., Zephyrhills. Locations in Pinellas, Hillsborough and Citrus counties are also participating. Visit icecoldair.com.
HOSPITAL RECEIVES RECOGNITION: Regional Medical center Bayonet Point announces the following:
• The hospital has been recognized by Healthgrades in its list of Top 100 Best Hospitals for Superior Clinical Outcomes in Back and Neck Surgeries and Spinal Fusion, ranking No. 35 in the nation. Healthgrades assesses the performance of nearly 4,500 U.S. hospitals and clinical outcomes.
• Through the Workplace Partnership for Life Hospital Organ Donation Campaign, Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has earned platinum level recognition for its efforts to increase organ, eye and tissue donor registrations across the state. The program challenges hospitals and healthcare organizations to “let life bloom” by educating about the critical need for donation and offering staff, patients and visitors to register as donors.
HOSPITAL VOLUNTEERS AWARDED: Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point has awarded its third quarter volunteer Star Awards to the Rev. Fred Houck, Steve Johnson and Barbara Weber. The Rev. Houck has volunteered at the hospital since 2013 and has accumulated 2,731 life hours and 3,766 merit hours bringing comfort to patients and families in times of need. Johnson has been volunteering since April 2011 with 3,438 life hours and 6,068 merit hours. He is a courtesy cart driver on weekend afternoons, as well as three weekday evenings, and he also volunteers in the material management department three days a week. Weber has been volunteering since Nov. 2016 as a courier on Sundays, working at the welcome center of the medical office building two days a week, as well as the Welcome D center. She has accumulated more than 3,000 life hours and more than 3,500 merit hours.
BUSINESS NOW OFFERS BICYCLE RENTALS: Flint Creek Outfitters now offers bike rental service in Dade City. The business is at 14233 Seventh St., next to the new bike trail extension constructed through Dade City. The local company is owned by Gordon Comer. Riding instructions, helmets and other safety equipment are provided with every rental. Visit flintcreekoutfitters.com for details.
WINN-DIXIE GRAND OPENING: Winn-Dixie officially reintroduced a second remodeled store to the Zephyrhills community on Dec. 4 at the store at 38901 State Road 54. There was a ribbon-cutting and gift card giveaway to the first 100 customers who arrived. A community celebration was held Dec. 7 with music, giveaways, Santa and more. Winn-Dixie recently remodeled and reopened another its other store at 36348 State Road 54 on Nov. 13.
HOMES OFFERED IN NEW NEIGHBORHOOD: Taylor Morrison is now selling a collection of homes in the Astoria neighborhood of WaterGrass in Wesley Chapel, joining homes already offered in the community’s Willow Point neighborhood. One- and two-story floor plans, ranging from 1,768 to 4,830 square feet of living space, are available, starting in the high $200,000s. The new Saint Thomas model home is open daily for tours at 33550 Willow Point Court. Visit watergrasstm.com or call 866-495-6006 for details.
Networking and mixers
• Trinity Positive Business Network: 8:30 a.m. Mondays at Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Kelly Steen at (813) 388-8726.
• Women’s Connection of New Port Richey: 11:30 a.m. the second Monday of each month (September through May) at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $15 and includes lunch and a speaker. To RSVP, call Linda at (727) 856-4042 or Betty, (727) 807-6760.
• BNI Overachievers Chapter: 7 to 9 a.m. Wednesdays at Myrtle Lake Baptist Church, 2017 Reigler Road, Land O’ Lakes. Call (813) 317-5556 or visit facebook.com/bnioverachievers.
• BNI Outlook to Success: 7:30 a.m. Tuesdays at Verizon Event Center, 8718 Trouble Creek Road, New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call (727) 815-7744.
• Suncoast Women in Networking: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. the third Tuesday of each month at Beef O’ Brady’s, 5546 Main St., New Port Richey. Suncoast WIN is a group of professional businesswomen. Membership is $10 per year. Call Linda McFarland at (727) 863-6151.
• Rotary Club of Lutz: 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf and Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Cost is $12, includes lunch and speaker. Call (813) 857-7089 or visit lutzrotary.org.
• West Pasco Business Association: Monday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Mondays, Johnny Brusco’s, 10730 State Road 54, Trinity. Tuesday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Hampton Inn, 1780 State Road 54, Odessa. Tuesday After Hours Chapter, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, FlameStone Grill Trinity, 10900 State Road 54, Trinity. Thursday Lunch Chapter, noon to 1 p.m. Thursdays, Giovanni’s Fresh Italian Kitchen, 37611 U.S. 19, Palm Harbor. Friday Breakfast Chapter, 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Fridays at the Oasis Coffee Spot, 9213 Little Road, New Port Richey. The group is made up of professionals who promote each other’s businesses. Each chapter is seat-specific. Contact Maria Johnson, [email protected] or (727) 934-0940. Visit wpba.biz.
• Coffee First: 8 to 9 a.m. the fourth Tuesday of the month at First National Bank of Pasco, 23613 State Road 54, Lutz. The event is hosted by the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce in partnership with First National Bank of Pasco. Free and open to the public. (813) 607-2555.
• East Pasco Networking Group: 7:30 p.m. the second and fourth Tuesdays of the month at IHOP, 13100 U.S. 301, Dade City. Annual dues are $25. Nils Lenz, (813) 782-9491.
• Trinity Business Association: 6 to 7:30 p.m. the first and third Tuesdays of each month at Fox Hollow Country Club, 10050 Robert Trent Jones Parkway. Networking begins at 5:30 p.m., meeting starts at 6 p.m. Guests welcome. Cost is $12. Call Ginny Pierce at (727) 433-4073.
• BNI Platinum: 7:15 a.m. Wednesdays at Heritage Harbor Golf & Country Club, 19502 Heritage Harbor Parkway, Lutz. Call Bob Nixon at (813) 263-5632.
• Pasco Business Connections: 7:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Broken Yolk, 3350 Grand Blvd., Holiday. Email [email protected].
• Wednesday Morning Networking Group: 7:30 a.m. the first Wednesday of each month at Hungry Harry’s Family Bar-B-Que, 3116 Land O’ Lakes Blvd. A short networking presentation will be followed by a chance for all attendees to do a 30-second commercial. Cost is $7 in advance for members, $10 for guests, and includes breakfast. Call the Central Pasco Chamber of Commerce at (813) 909-2722.
• Keep It Local-Trinity Chapter: 8 a.m. Wednesdays at Havana Dreamers Cafe, 3104 Town Ave., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• Pasco Aging Network: 8 to 10 a.m. the second Wednesday of each month. Location changes each month. For information or to RSVP, visit pascoagingnetwork.org. PAN is a coalition of agencies and private providers of elder services in Pasco.
• Keep It Local-Wesley Chapel Chapter: 8:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Lexington Oaks Golf & Country Club, 26133 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Christian Women’s Network Chapter: 9:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Free Networking International: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at Cantina Laredo, 2000 Piazza Ave., Building 4, Suite 170, Wesley Chapel (at the Shops at Wiregrass). Attendees pay for their own lunch. Call Martine Duncan at (813) 929-6816.
• Keep It Local-New Port Richey Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at the Direction Connection, 2632 U.S. 19, Holiday. (813) 405-7815.
• Keep It Local-Odessa/Trinity Chapter: 11:30 a.m. Wednesdays at Seven Springs Golf & Country Club, 3535 Trophy Blvd., Trinity. (813) 405-7815.
• BNI Eagles: 7:15 a.m. Thursdays at Spartan Manor, 6121 Massachusetts Ave., New Port Richey. Cost is $10 and includes breakfast. Call Clay Henderson at (727) 534-5191.
• BNI Referral Connection: 7:15 to 9 a.m. Thursdays at Vallarta’s Mexican Restaurant, 22948 State Road 54, Lutz. Call Rob Hamilton at (813) 431-5887.
• Christian Business Connections of Central Pasco: 7:45 to 9:15 a.m. Thursdays at Quail Hollow Golf Club, 6225 Old Pasco Road, Wesley Chapel. Cost of $9 per meeting, includes breakfast and beverages. Annual membership dues are $100. Call Rene Van Hout at (813) 300-7511.
• Trinity/West Pasco Chapter of NPI: 7:45 a.m. Thursdays at The Grand Plaza Café, 4040 Little Road, New Port Richey. Call Rob Marlowe at (727) 847-2424.
• Networking For Your Success: 8 a.m. Thursdays at Lexington Oaks Country Club, 2615 Lexington Oaks Blvd., Wesley Chapel. Cost is $5 and includes a continental breakfast. Annual membership is $79. Call Matt at (813) 782-1777.
• Women-n-Charge: 11:30 a.m. on the first Friday of each month, Plantation Palms Golf Club, 23253 Plantation Palms Blvd., Land O’ Lakes. The cost is $15 for members and $18 for guests who RSVP by Monday prior to the meeting. Tuesday and after, the cost is $20 for members and $23 for guests. To RSVP, visit women-n-charge.com/meetings/. For information, call Judy at (813) 600-9848.
• Women of Wesley Chapel (WOW): 7:30 to 9 a.m. first Friday of each month, Beach House Assisted Living and Memory Care at Wiregrass Ranch, 30070 State Road 56, Wesley Chapel. WOW is the North Tampa Bay Chamber of Commerce’s women only networking group. The cost is $5, includes breakfast and networking. To RSVP, call (813) 994-8534 or email [email protected].