Yellowtrace is a game-changing digital publisher and one of the most loved design & architecture publications in the world. We champion good design through carefully curated and highly researched content in the areas of Interiors, Architecture, Art, Travel & Design Culture.
We are seeking a superstar Digital Content Coordinator to join us in our Sydney studio for an immediate start. This is a rare opportunity to join our small and friendly team, and work alongside and be mentored by our founder, Dana Tomić Hughes, a respected global design authority.
We are searching for a pivotal member of our team to develop and grow with our business. A colleague who’s just like us, aligned with our cutting-edge content and our core values. Someone driven but friendly, creative but meticulous, fast but accurate, confident but humble and willing to learn. Most importantly, someone committed to greatness.
This key role requires an understanding of many different components of the business and the people within the business – from editorial to sales – ensuring outstanding results for both our written content and digital campaigns.
– Article creation, layout, scheduling and ongoing management of digital content for web, EDM and social channels
– Continually staying on top of our Editorial Calendar and upcoming stories and features, and ensure all material is received from various parties on time
– Digital file management of incoming and outgoing assets, and ongoing archiving of all images and other working content
– Assist with the proofreading and copyediting of the website
– Manage, optimise and upload all digital content in accordance with best practice and champion SEO for the website; master technical aspects such as optimising content for visibility and search
– Generating weekly and special edition EDMs using Mailchimp; and ongoing management of our email subscriber database
– Management of our central inbox for incoming email correspondence, submissions and editorial outreach
– Repurposing editorial content for sharing across social media including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and Pinterest
– Monitoring, development and continuous refinement of digital content strategies, website and social media performance and our internal systems and procedures
– Admin tasks include creating and maintaining databases of potential clients
– Working alongside sales and editorial in ensuring exceptional outcomes for digital campaigns
– General support of the advertising sales team including ad planning and scheduling
– Liaise with clients to ensure successful delivery of digital ads including the collection of digital assets and related material
– Scheduling of ads (ad trafficking), and monthly reporting of ad performance stats
– Attendance at media or advertiser/ sponsor related events is expected from time to time
Essential skills and experience:
– Working knowledge of WordPress
– Proficient use of Photoshop and InDesign
– Experience with content creation for Instagram and Facebook
– Excellent written English, email and phone manner
– High level of computer literacy
– Meticulous attention to detail
– Strong organisation skills and ability to manage multiple deadlines with speed and accuracy
– The ideal candidate will be a team player with high levels of self-initiative and drive. Good humour, a positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to learn are essential
– Good knowledge of the design or architecture industry
– Working knowledge of Mailchimp email marketing platform
– Experience with your own blog/publication, or working for other online titles
– Passion for design and social media
– Strong content selection ability and editing experience
– Experience of managing at least one person
If you feel that you are a great fit for this role and our team, we’d love to hear from you. Your application needs to include a one-page cover letter outlining why you are an ideal candidate for the role, your CV, examples of other relevant work, salary expectations and your availability.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email by Friday 28th February, with interviews to be conducted ASAP for an immediate start.
This is a full-time contract role based out of our Potts Point studio, with a 12-week trial period.