Location: New York, New York
Function: Sales & Business Development
Specialty: Business Development, Sales
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide strategic oversight and manage a team of Planners & Inventory Analysts that execute the day to day operationDevelop and distribute insight & analytics that fuel monetization opportunities of our ad inventory across all NBC News Group vertical content, including distribution partnerships that span across various platforms, such as: Desktop, Handheld, Tablet, OTT, Set Top Box VOD, Linear television and custom ad products.Collaborate with the sales and planning leadership team in providing strategic recommendations, with analytical support, on packaging products & inventory utilization. Partner with the Sr. Director of Ad Sales Planning to evaluate, assess and implement any/all new planning & inventory management tools and systemsPartner with Research, Finance and Network/Site team contacts to develop, review and analyze bi-annual inventory forecasts during key budget and estimate timeframes, insuring all inventory and traffic metrics/assumptions are alignedForecast, monitor and recommend appropriate inventory levels for site sections where inventory cannot be reliably predicted (new sponsorship packages, new partnerships, event sponsorships, etc.)Maintain oversight of video ad product catalogue, recommend changes/updates and create new ad products in response to market demandCollaborate with the Ad Solutions team to identify challenges with inaccurate tags and where page views/streams are misaligned with impressions
• Bachelors degree required
• 5+ years of online experience in media planning linear/digital. Eligibility Requirements:
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in New York.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to be submit a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment.
• A strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to work with a broad range of internal and external clients.
• Well organized and good attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills/team oriented.
• Strong computer skills especially in Excel, Power Point, and word.
• Ad Serving software and tracking knowledge a plus.
• Strong analytical and creative skills.
• High energy and teamwork mentality a must.
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.