The “Global Programmable Logic Controllers Market – Procurement Intelligence Report” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Global Programmable Logic Controllers Market, provides up-to-date information about market shifts and potential risks, as well as in-depth knowledge of products and services, which can help in planning and in executing category management activities. It focuses on the cost-saving aspects of procurement and on providing insights that can lead to optimization of category spend.
A programmable logic controller (PLC) is an industrial control system, extensively adopted to monitor the state of an input device and control and manage the output system using logic-based decisions in processes such as production lines. A custom program embedded in the controller makes logic-based decisions for the PLC. The spend momentum of this market will be attributed to the growing demand from the automobile sectors as manufacturers are automating their production by using PLC-integrated equipment with hardware tools and PLC-based robots in their assembly lines.
The report provides actionable insights to improve source-to-contract cycle performance in the Global Programmable Logic Controllers Market. It helps sourcing professionals formulate better category strategies, enhance savings, understand supplier and market challenges, and implement sourcing best practices.
According to the report, one of the key growth contributors for the global programmable logic controllers market is the increase in adoption of automation in the automotive sector. One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to ensure that the system specifications meet their requirements.
Further, the report states that one of the key category management strategies for the buyers in the global programmable logic controllers market is to engage with suppliers that provide easy deployment of PLCs, which reduces buyers’ installation cost.
Key questions answered in this report
- What are the market dynamics?
- What are the key market trends?
- What are the category growth drivers?
- What are the constraints on category growth?
- Who are the suppliers in this market?
- What are the demand-supply shifts?
- What are the major category requirements?
- What are the procurement best practices in this market?
- Adoption of automation in the oil and gas sector
Category management strategy
- Engaging with suppliers who provide alternative software solutions will reduce the TCO of buyers
Procurement best practices
- Prefer procurement of PLCs from global suppliers
Key Topics Covered:
PART 01: EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
PART 02: MARKET INSIGHTS
- Global category spend
- Category spend growth
- Spend segmentation by region
- Regional spend dynamics
- Regional influence on global spend
- Regional spend opportunity for suppliers
PART 03: CATEGORY PRICING INSIGHTS
- Pricing outlook
- Supplier cost structure
- Outlook for input costs
- Total cost of ownership analysis
- Overview of pricing models
- Comparison of pricing models
- Supply chain margins
- Cost drivers: Impact on pricing
- Volume drivers: Impact on pricing
PART 04: COST-SAVING OPPORTUNITIES
- Supplier-side levers
- Buyer-side levers
- Quantifying cost-saving opportunities
- Quantifying cost savings by negotiation strategies
PART 05: BEST PRACTICES
- Innovation and success stories
- Procurement excellence best practices
- Procurement best practices
- Sustainability practices
- Sustainability best practices
PART 06: CATEGORY ECOSYSTEM
- Market favorability index for suppliers
- Competitiveness index for suppliers
- Buyer power
- Supplier power
- Threat of new entrants
- Threat of substitutes
- Buyer ecosystem
- Supplier ecosystem
PART 07: CATEGORY MANAGEMENT STRATEGY
- Category management objectives
- Supplier and buyer KPIs
- Outsourcing category management activities
- Risk management
PART 08: CATEGORY MANAGEMENT ENABLERS
- Procurement organization
- Category enablers
PART 09: SUPPLIERS SELECTION
- RFx essentials
- Supplier selection criteria
- Service level agreement
- Incumbent supplier evaluation metrics
PART 10: SUPPLIERS UNDER COVERAGE
- Supplier positioning
- Profile: Siemens AG
- Profile: Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
- Profile: ABB Ltd.
- Profile: Rockwell Automation Inc.
- Profile: Schneider Electric SE
- Profile: General Electric Co.
PART 11: US MARKET INSIGHTS
- Category spend in the US
- Pricing outlook
- Supplier cost structure in the US
- Margins of suppliers in the US
- Category cost drivers
- Category volume drivers
- Overview of best practices in the US
- Procurement best practices in the US
- US supply market overview
- Supplier positioning for the US
- Regional category risks
PART 12: CATEGORY DEFINITION
- Category hierarchy
- Category scope
- Category map
PART 13: APPENDIX
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/9cy1t
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900