The Omni Channel Inventory Planner will assist in developing effective inventory strategies for SOKO Wholesale and E-commerce channels. As the Inventory Planner, you will be responsible for creating and managing reporting and analytics as well as sales and inventory financial plans for an Omni Channel business. Planning Analysts are responsible for reporting, analyzing, identifying, and communicating sales opportunities and providing risk-mitigating recommendations. Focus on developing business strategies and seasonal plans to maximize sales and maximize profits aligning with company OKR’s/ goals.
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance; local Bay Area applicants only.
CORE JOB DUTIES (includes but not limited to)
- Responsible for forecasting inventory needs of wholesale and e-commerce
- Works in tandem with Merchandise Manager, Supply Chain, Wholesale and E-Commerce/Marketing teams to communicate the needs of the business
- Works with Wholesale, E-commerce, and Marketing to provide necessary sale/inventory reporting and promotions
- Assists the Finance Department with Audits, Inventory Control & Reconciliations
- Summarize and report on opportunities and risks associated with the product plan as it relates to trend and financial metrics through reporting and executive summaries
- Collaborate with Wholesale and E-commerce teams to develop pre-season top-down/bottom-up level plans for sales, inventory, markdowns, and margin to identify “missed sales” and growth drivers
- Maintain in-season plans and provide the team with analysis of the business and suggested action plan.
- Collaborate with Finance to report and manage channel economics
- Conduct in-season business analysis and forecast centered on risk and/or opportunity of a product plan as it relates to trend and financial metrics, including but not limited to initial mark-up, average unit retail, and product seasonality
- Prepare sales, margin, and inventory forecasts with monthly OTB forecast meetings with CEO and Director of Finance. Provide sales trend opportunity for future quarters, validate stock-to-sales relationships, maximize receipt flow to improve turn, and suggest pricing strategies to drive profitability.
- Forecasts for future inventory based on historical buys, reoccurring buys, and current inventory levels
- Coordinates inventory flow-through to US and Kenyan distribution locations
- Serves as the liaison Wholesale, Ecommerce, Marketing, Design, and Supply chain to ensure customer demands are being met
- Track existing product categories sales and help make strategic decisions on the future state of the total assortment
- Additional duties as required
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, time management abilities
- Able to develop analytical reports enabling excellent analytical skills
- Has experience using Shopify inventory planner software
- Is a self-starter who is will bring new data-driven analytical skills to SOKO
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proactive problem definition and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment
- Proficiency in windows-based software and internet navigation
- Ability to work with an international team in early morning meetings
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred
- 3-5 years of merchandise planning experience
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills;
- proficient with MS Excel and merchandise planning systems.
- Strong communication skills including the ability to work in an international team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams/projects with tight timelines. Meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and works well under pressure.
- Proven ability to build strong cross-functional partnerships and influence others.
- Solid organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY
- Paid parental leave
- Flexible paid time off
- Company 401K
- Comprehensive healthcare cover