Destiny 2 has a new Xur inventory to kick off 2020, and it includes Dunemarchers and Lord of Wolves. Below, we recap Xur’s latest location and explain which pieces of gear in his inventory are worth those precious Shards. Are you a Guardian in need of a guiding light? We’re here to help.
Where is Xur Destiny 2 January 3
This week you’ll find Xur in his usual spot at Giant’s Scar on Io. Those who don’t know where that is are free to use the map below.
Destiny 2 Xur Inventory January 3
Once you’ve found Xur, here’s a quick recap of the wares he’s carrying.
- Lord of Wolves [Shotgun – 29 Legendary Shards]: Simply put, Lord of Wolves is one of the best Exotics in Destiny 2 right now. With its Shrapnel Launcher perk, the gun unleashes a short burst of Solar damage to unsuspecting Guardians. Despite a nerf, this weapon is still seriously OP in PvE and PvP alike, We’d advise picking this one up if you don’t have it, because your opponents likely will.
- St0mp-EE5 [Hunter Leg Armor – 23 Legendary Shards]: Its Hydraulic Boosters increase sprint speed and slide distance. It also improves your High Jump, Strafe Jump and Triple Jump. In the recent Hunter meta, this is a solid choice for Guardians who don’t have much in the way of mobility gear. The St0mp-EE5 won’t be super-useful against AI in PvE, but it sure helps make a quick getaway against human foes. Especially with the Traction roll this week, you can’t go wrong.
- Sanguine Alchemy [Warlock Chest Armor – 23 Legendary Shards]: Not very popular, Sanguine Alchemy has the Heightened Senses perk. When standing in a Rift, powerful enemies are more clearly visible. It’s also possible to maintain radar while aiming down sights. This extra visibility is definitely great for team coordination, and it might be worth the extra Shards if you have some to spare.
- Dunemarchers [Titan Leg Armor – 23 Legendary Shards]: With Linear Actuators, sprint speed increases and builds up a static charge that releases when meleeing enemies. This isn’t the most popular Exotic of the bunch, but it’s good at everything it advertises. If you want to move faster and deal melee damage, this option is for you. It meshes well with pretty much every Titan subclass, even though most wouldn’t call it a must-have.
- The Magician [Invitation of the Nine – Nine Legendary Shards]
- Complete the Pyramidion Strike
- Collect Nine Vex samples
- Collect Nine Cabal samples
- Collect Nine Taken samples
- Five of Swords: This is a Nightfall Challenge Card that can raise or lower the Power handicap to fit your needs. Raising the handicap increases your score multiplier.
As far as Xur inventories go, the January 3 offering will likely be impactful thanks to the controversial addition of Lord of Wolves. Following the start of Iron Banner last week, the Wolves is absolutely insane in Crucible and will likely be disrupting the multiplayer meta over the weekend and beyond. Titans and Hunters will be able to move a bit faster to avoid the barrage of heavy bullets, but it’s clear there is one featured item at the top of everyone’s list this week. While there are some popular repeats in the latest inventory, the powerful Lord of Wolves makes up for it provided you don’t yet have one available.
Destiny 2 is available now on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Stadia.
What are your thoughts on Xur’s Destiny 2 inventory? Will you be picking up Lord of Wolves? Tell us in the comments section!