The successful candidate will be responsible for leading our procurement team. He/She will spearhead the purchasing process from selecting suppliers to ensuring stock optimization, as well as provide guidance on sourcing and procurement processes.
- Identify and develop reliable sources of supply
- Develop short and long term procurement strategies designed to optimize service and quality, reduce total cost while meeting company goals and objectives
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective
- Prepare and develop bid documents and supplier bid lists to obtain a competitive quotation on commodities and services
- Negotiating with suppliers and vendors to secure advantageous terms
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
- Overseeing and managing the IT systems that track shipments, inventory, and the supply of goods
- Process purchase orders to acquire goods
- Prepare reports