STONE AND STRAND is fast growing women-led online fine jewelry brand for the contemporary customer. We are a young and ambitious company, looking to reinvent a stale, conservative but massive industry, with over $60 Billion in annual sales, just in the US alone.
Style comes first – but just because we’ve got expensive taste doesn’t mean we have to make expensive jewelry. Ethically sourced and conflict free, we produce our in-house offering at the same places Fifth Avenue brands do, but crazy mark-ups aren’t really our thing. So you can always expect the most on-point pieces at prices and quality you can justify.
Based in New York City, STONE AND STRAND has a small and supportive team, founded and run a Wharton MBA graduate with a background in Strategy Consulting.
Purchasing, Planning & WS Manager
STONE AND STRAND is looking for an outstanding inventory manager to oversee the planning and purchasing of our goods.
This role additionally includes the direct management of our select wholesale accounts, taking orders from our partners, putting them into production, and ensuring timely shipment when complete.
We’re a fast-moving company obsessed with delivering the best possible customer experience, and this role is absolutely central to our success, The role offers significant career development opportunities within a rapidly expanding company, and we are looking for someone who can grow to be a future leader within the broader organization.
The ideal candidate will be highly process oriented, unusually resourceful, take extreme ownership, motivated, be exceptionally organized, and posses an exceptional level of attention to detail.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Manage inventory levels and ensure coordination of inventory across all departments
- Analyze sales data to make merchandizing and purchasing decisions on a weekly basis
- Place purchase / production orders and generate Pos for vendors on a weekly basis
- Track purchase / production orders to ensure timely delivery and payment
- Build models to forecast inventory requirements that accommodate growth
- Own relationships with our wholesale partners and ensure smooth delivery of goods
- Process wholesale orders and oversee production to ensure timely delivery
- Ensure accurate and timely payment from our wholesale partners
- Assess costs across the supply chain and make strategic recommendations as needed
Qualifications and Skills
- Energetic and highly motivated, able to work at a very fast pace
- Exceptional level of attention to detail
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Resourceful with the ability to independently take on projects that haven’t been done before
- Highly process oriented and able to take a complete ownership for a complicated task
- Highly analytical and proficient at using excel for forecasting
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management, planning, purchasing or related fields
- 2+ years of professional experience in purchasing, buying, or wholesale account management
To Apply: Please send your resume to email@example.com, subject line Inventory & WS Manager.