THE ROLE: VP, Procurement
The VP of Procurement will build world-class procurement capabilities for A&E Television Networks, LLC (AETN), partnering with internal stakeholders and business unit owners to ensure the organization attains the best value in the goods and services required to enable achievement of its goals. Primary responsibilities for the role include setting Procurement Strategy for the organization, building and executing effective sourcing processes, viz. Strategic Sourcing, Category Management, Procurement Analytics, Supplier Relationship Management, Capital Projects Sourcing, Contracts Management, Compliance and Transaction Procurement.
The role is also responsible for establishing the appropriate procurement organization structure to address business needs, while operating within defined budget parameters. The VP Procurement develops strong working relationships with the key senior stakeholders to support the development and execution of strategies. They manage all critical stakeholder engagements and are accountable to and participate on leadership teams. They are accountable for the overall governance and successful delivery of all major sourcing strategies and procurement operations.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Category strategy collaboration and operational implementation:
- Lead the function to create value, drive continuous improvement, and provide realized savings by applying category management and strategic sourcing leading practices
- Assure good practice category management, strategic sourcing, and supplier management processes are executed timely and effectively across the organization
- Annually, and on an ongoing basis, establish category management strategy and a plan of action to achieve agreed to savings
- Lead the strategic sourcing process – identify needs, conduct pre-project planning, define projects, collect internal and external data, perform strategic analysis and identify opportunities, formulate procurement strategies and develop implementation plans
- Develop appropriate risk management strategies
Strategic sourcing activity and contract negotiation:
Internal business stakeholder’s engagement and customer relationship management:
- Utilize market intelligence to anticipate opportunities, strategize and support the business in formulating solutions to address changing market needs
- Effectively network with senior business leaders to build Procurement’s profile and engagement on key sourcing strategies, and provide support for resolution of procurement related issues
Business process and compliance:
- Develop and implement organizational procurement policies and processes to ensure a consistent and standardized approach and to drive improvements and efficiencies in procurement activities.
- Ensure Policy and Process Compliance
- Continually evaluate the business operational support needs and recommend organizational improvement opportunities and adjustments as appropriate
- Establish appropriate management reporting to support upward communication to enable effective reporting
- Identification of savings opportunities and validation of realized savings.
- Develop periodic reporting to division heads.
- Conduct regular reviews with the Vendor Governance Committee
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN: (Sample below. You can edit this to fit your group)
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You’ll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you’ll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you’ll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you’ll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.